Photo Cred- Gimme Some Oven
You guys, I found the most perfect mediterranean pasta salad ever! I know fall is approaching and that means chili, and hearty dinners. But before you wish away summer you’ve got to try this light and yummy pasta salad.
It’s super easy to make and all you need are a few fresh ingredients. Here’s the recipe thanks to Ali over at Gimme Some Oven.
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 12 ounces dry pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 English (hot house) cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- half of a medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- lemon-herb vinaigrette (see below)
LEMON-HERB VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey (or your desired sweetener)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook your fav pasta al dente. Drain and rinse then place until cool, then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and olives (if you’d like). Then add your feta cheese.
- Add your lemon vinaigrette on top evenly.
- Serve or let chill over night.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!